Would you wear maternity clothes outside of pregnancy if they fit you better?

I retain a lot of weight around my middle, and I look horrible in straighter fashions. I still have a few maternity shirts that are smallish around the middle for most pregnant women, but they look better on me because of my waist - there's less pulling than in normal shirts. Would you wear maternity tops if they looked better on you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I do wear early stage maternity pants all the time.

I've got some bulging discs in my lower spine, and when my lower back is acting up the stretchy maternity pants style really helps to reduce the pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I still wear my maternity clothes (16 months later) because they fit better. My sister makes fun of me, but I don't mind.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh and let me add I lost a ton of weight while I was prego so my maternity clothes actually weren't much bigger than my regular clothes, if that makes sense..
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I wore my maternity clothes for a few months after I had my last baby, because I still didn't fit into my before baby clothes. I find that regarding tops, there are lots of NON maternity tops that are a line, or empire waisted. I doubt most people will even notice you are in a Maternity top. If you are comfortable, and don't find it depressing to still be in pregnant lady gear, go with it.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 6:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i agree with cheapsk8mom....they make a lot of "flowy" tops that are kinda tight on top and baggy and loose on the bottom...i actaully just bought a lot of those in a bigger size before i actaully bought maternity tops...that way after the baby i could still wear them...im not sure what your style is, but i bought a lot of mine from aeropostale on sale and they were like $5-$10....and really cute!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I still wear my maternity tops and I also still wear my maternity gaucho pants because they are comfortable.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• When I was still bigger after having my kids I wore some of the smaller maternity stuff. I wouldn't now, but there is no reason to nor would they fit.
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 7:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• There are many maternity styles NOT sized to fit a pregnant mom.... I wear those!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 7:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i say if you can wear it and it looks good then do it. personally i hate maternity clothes because they dont look right on me and cant find something thats cute.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yes I would, and I have.
    AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009