Need a Quick solution...

My 18 month old is constipated and is SO uncomfortable. She's close to going but is fighting it SO hard. I tried giving her a warm bath, massaging her tummy (she won't let me for more than a few seconds at a time), doing the little bicycle thing with her legs moving them up and down..I can't even put her down...

What can I do for her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I went through this with mine, and nothing seemd to work. The nurse at the pediatrician's office suggested I try glycerin suppositiories, and I REALLY didn't want to do that. She was in such pain I finally gave in and did it. It worked SO fast; within 30 minutes she had done her business and was feeling great. Of course, I then felt guilty for putting it off so long. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• prune juice, pear juice, or put a little vaseline on a q-tip and rub it around her butt hole
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Mix a little bit of Clear Caro Syrup with a bottle of milk. She should poop with in 8 hours.
    PoolMomma

Answer by PoolMomma at 6:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My little brother had this problem (he's 20 years younger than me) and the only thing that worked was a suppository. The thought of it seems much worse than it is....and it was so worth using it!!! Quick relief as the first responder said....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Nothing worked better than apple juice for my kids. cut it 1/2 and 1/2 with water though.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Thanks ladies. No luck so far, but I called hubby at work and told him he needed to call me when he leaves so I can tell him what to get at the store for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Prunes!. . . other things my family has told me are graham crackers, molasses, and marshmallows. I know, marshmallows are a choking hazard if give whole but my son was bound up for like 3 days at Easter time and 1 marshmallow peep and like 30 minutes later we had a huge poopy diaper. . .

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009