My student loans went into default, anyone know where I can find the lender to contact them and start making payments again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• try fafsa.com and look for the link when your loans are in default and it should give you the number to the dept of education
    kewee81

Answer by kewee81 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I am sure you have gotten bills from them right? Find one and get their number there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You are entitled to a FREE annual credit report. Go to www.annualcreditreport.com, your report is available right away. You will find the creditor contact information that is the most current being used by that creditor. Good Luck, and good job trying to make up the loans.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 6:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I don't get bills anymore because they are garnishing my wages, but all that is on my paystub is a government code for the garnishment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Contact the loan office of the school you attended. They should have all the info. for you.
    A.Day

Answer by A.Day at 8:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• you need to contact THE UNITED STATES DEPT OF EDUCATION AND THEY CAN GIVE YOU ALL THE INFO YOU NEED.
    ravvenslady

Answer by ravvenslady at 12:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2009