Illegals on government health insurance

Sen. Shirley Jackson Lee (D. TX) said last night on Greta that she and other democratic senators have all signed a letter requesting illegal aliens be included (or allowed to "buy in") in the UHC and covered by our governemnt. I thought BO said in his speach that illegals wouldn't be covered. Is this a push for amnesty of illegal aliens? Should they be covered?

jesse123456

Asked by jesse123456 at 6:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Do I think they should be included in the Health Insurance?? Honestly? Only if they are required to learn English and use it. I mean, they come here, work our jobs...use our system, etc...the least they could do is speak our language!
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 12:45 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You can bet if they somehow get this thru illegals will be included. OBAMA LIES!
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think anyone that needs it should be able to be on it. People are people no matter where thier from.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 6:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• gottohavefaith.

I agree.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 6:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

This is a sweet idea. Who pays for it though? Higher taxes will pay for it. I can't pitch in anymore without it hurting my family. I have a special needs child. Is it okay to force me to put the needs of ILLEGAL strangers before the needs of my child?

OP, I do believe there is an amnesty bill in the works.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I can't pitch in anymore without it hurting my family.

Look if you are paying 50% of your income in taxes, you can afford it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I guess, I'm aiming for a better world since it can't be perfect with some people
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 6:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

Really. So you know what it costs to raise a special needs child. You know what the cost of living is in my area. You know that I also help support my mother.

You obviously have no clue what it is to run a business. We made more than $280,000 last year and we ended up with about $77,000 after taxes and business expenses. You want more of that? What amount would you be satisfied with my family having?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think Sen. Shirley Jackson Lee SHOULD BE VOTED OUT OF OFFICE the next time she's up for re-election!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You obviously have no clue what it is to run a business. We made more than $280,000 last year and we ended up with about $77,000 after taxes and business expenses. You want more of that? What amount would you be satisfied with my family having?

Thank goodness you made over $280,000. I would think you would have some empathy for those who don't make that and have no health insurance.
    Maybe you should find a new accountant. Unless your saying your gross profit is 280,000 before you paid out your business expenses. In that case, you didn't make 280,000
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 7:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009