I have a question about the "flight protection" on Expedia Websiste.

Ok, I bought two tickets yesterday to S.Korea for the next year, and since it's a lot of money for the tickets, I also purchased the "flight protection".

That flight protection was about total of $78.
And I thought this "protection" would allow me to cancel/change the flight time/day without paying penalties.

But as I read the voucher of the flight protection, I found that "this activity cannot be canceled or changed. No refunds, credit, etc are allowed."

If I cannot cancel or change, what is the point of paying for this flight protection?

I feel so embarrassed!!

Could somebody please explain it to me???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Travel

• I am not sure, but I think it is a policy in case the airline cancels the flight. You should be able to contact a customer service rep and have the policy explained to you though.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 6:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• The flight protection is for if the flight is delayed due to weather, or cancelations and you need to stay in a hotel overnight to catch the next flight. Call the 800 number for Expedia customer service and make them explaine it to you in terms that make sense to you. If you payed with a credit card you can always cancell it and contect the charge on your CC
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I don't even think weather is protected under the rule 240. I think it may be if they cancel the flight, they'll put you on another carrier or if the airline goes under. Expedia....GRRRR. We've had trouble with them and don't use them anymore. Call and ask why you bought it then.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Don't waste your money. They duped me out of money too. I thought it was for if/when I cancelled a flight. Just another way for them to get more of your money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2009