Dentures at a young age

How old were you when you got dentures?Do you regret it?How did you cope with it and not let it get you down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• I'm 23 and have dentures.  Do I regret it?  No.  I would rather have dentures than ugly bad teeth.  My parents didn't take care of my teeth period.  By the time my permanant teeth came in, they were already nasty and messed up.  I was SO embarassed, I wouldn't even smile with my mouth open.  I don't get my dentures until January but I'm SO excited!  I can't wait!  Finally I'll have the smile and the teeth that I've always dreamed about!  I don't know what your situation is exactly but I'll say GOOD LUCK and CONGRATS, lol.  It hurts a lot afterwards, at least for me it did, so be prepared.  But it doesn't last forever and for me, it was worth it!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My first sentence is a lie, lol.  Sorry, I mean't "I'm 23 and getting dentures", lol. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• At age 21 I had 10 teeth pulled and I had a partial denture made. It was the best thing I ever did. Growing up I had very soft teeth and my front teeth were very badly decade. I could not smile and if I laughed I always covered my mouth with my hand and it was a very hard habit to stop. I took a week off of work which was a good thing I did because I hurt very bad the first day and was sore for a few more days. It was the best thing I ever did! It helped my self esteem and saved me a lot of future pain from abscesses. I am 40 now and thinking of getting my bottom teeth pulled and a full set put in there.
    Luvof2angels

Answer by Luvof2angels at 9:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2009