My fiance's ex-wife (2 years divorced) is trying to be my 'friend' and is stopping by to drop off things from storage. How would you handle it?

The fiance is overseas and I am in our house. No kids and she initiated divorce when infertility became an issue. She blurts out very private information and I am doing my best to be pleasant so exchange of minor property can go smoothly. Any thoughts on how to maintain boundaries???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Just do the exchange in a public parking lot and not at your home. This way she has no entrance to your home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If this were happening to me, I would just say in a respectful manner that I don't feel comfortable talking about personal issues, period.  I'm guessing that you won't have to deal with her for long.  But who knows, maybe she could actually be a good friend.  I wouldn't be so quick to take to heart what she is saying, she might just be trying to start a conversation with you.  Since their relationship is over, I see no problem in being nice to her.  Good luck!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Just don't give her any info about your guys life. And if she wants to be friends make sure she know your limits. but i think past should stay in the pass cause really i been threw this and it made my life a bug drama and after i told acouple of them off i don't have drama to deal with. so all you have to think is do you want the drama or do you just want to have your life back to the way it was ..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I have refrained from discussing our personal life and will not change that. I am not wanting any drama, but we are all adults so there is no need to be nasty. My fiance does not bad mouth her and their divorce was quite amicable. I am inclined to think she is simply very curious about 'me,' but also do not wish to become friends... friendly I can do, but I do not wish to be friends with her. I agree that she will not be coming into the house though as I conveniently have some work to do in the front garden beds!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If she is a good, decent person then there is no problem with being friendly. If she is a coniving, trouble-loving person then stay as far away as you can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2009