What makes you feel sexy? How do you "passion" up your sex life? HELP

lately, i've been having a hard time feeling sexy...my baby (our first) is now 4 months old and i just don't feel like i'm "hot" or "sexy" anymore...it is hurting my hubby's and my sex life...i felt very sexy when i was pregnant but now i feel like i'm DULL...my sex drive has kinda left and i want it back...how can i make our sex more passionate?...when we do have sex it's great but for some reason i just don't have the passion about my hubby like i used to, before i got pregnant...i need help...any suggestions and advice will be much appreciated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• You CAN feel sexy at home. A new baby, and if you are breastfeeding, can make a woman feel lke nothing more than a cow. :) Make sure you get a shower every day. Spoil your DH in other ways (date him - notes in his lunch or bag for work, shoulder rub), get lots of rest. The rest will fall into place. Make yourself wear sexy undies, and makeup. I have two boys, and I only skip makeup if I am sick. :) You can make time. :) The brain is the largest sex organ in our body....so pamper yourself a bit.....paint your toes. The rest will fall into place later. :)
    Hottubgodess

Answer by Hottubgodess at 10:54 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Oh that is so easy. Get a teddy, a babysitter and a reservation at a local hotel for the night. Order roomservice to include your favorite wine and go for it.

I found it very hard to feel sexy at home after each child because you are always worried about the baby...get away for 1 night...makes a real difference.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 7:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• it's nursing. nursing has a way of sucking our sex drive completely dry. it will eventually come back, but probably not for awhile. try what the pp suggested. who knows, a change of scenary could help. i felt my sex drive return after 1 yr of nursing (though i nursed for 2yrs). hang in there, your body will feel like yours again some day! {{{HUGS}}}
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 8:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I agree with pp, its nursing. I didnt have any problem with sex drive after my first (I didnt nurse) but this time (dd is 8 months old) I still have no sex drive. It is hard to deal with for a while but it gets better and will eventually return. Just tell your hubby to be patient and remind him that you still love him just as much as you did before but bringing a baby into your lives changes things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think nursing does have something to do with it. I have the same problem when nursing my babies. When your hormones level out things should go back to normal. Try to keep a positive outlook, though, you don't want your relationship going down the tubes in the meantime!
    sweetpz

Answer by sweetpz at 8:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Some people say nursing, but seriously, nursing has never affected me. but birth control pills have, so I know hormonal changes can do it, and perhaps that is why nursing effects others this way. Some women get "touched out" and only want their breast to be for the baby. But for me, I'm more likely to get "touched out" by a baby than by my lover. And my breasts are more sensitive and erotic since nursing, and I like to focus in and savor his touch more, his kiss, his lick, his breath, and I let him know that I am savoring it, I am passively taking it all in, and letting him gently explore and I am open to what ever he does, and he gets more and more turned on the more I am so obviously enjoying the pleasure I am getting from savoring what he is doing and the more I savor the more intense I can feel the pleasure, and the more I breath and moan my enjoyment and the more hot he gets, then...
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 9:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Try something new. :-D Find an adult store that's geared toward women (Smitten Kitten is one chain of women-friendly stores), go together, and pick out something new. Might be as simple as a bottle of massage oil . . . . or a whole lot more. Just go in open to the possibilities. And then hire a sitter, get a *really* nice hotel room for a night, and forget your parental responsiblities for just one night. Yeah, harder to do than to say but it's worth it. Oh, and have a romantic dinner somewhere first, to set the mood.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 9:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• What I did is get a really steamy book. Something with a lot of sex and the kind of sex you like! And then start reading a little while before you go to bed. This has always helped me out...LOL...you can even find some steamy stories and occasionally books on line for free.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Sep. 30, 2009