what should i do? (nuvaring question)

so tomorrow i'm supposed to put my nuvaring back in but i havent gotten my period yet. this is my first month using it and i used the 'jump start' method. i took a test this morning and its negative. should i not put it in and wait until i get my period or dont? or should i just put it back in?

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 7:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• Call your doc tomorrow morning, ask...I would put it back in if it were me, your body is probably adjusting to the change in hormone levels..but it wouldn't hurt to ask first!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I had the late period thing when I was on the pill. I would go through the "period" pills and nothing, so I'd wait cause I couldn't get a test and didn't want to be taking the pills and be pregnant. A couple of days later i'd start my period. It sucked. I don't know what to tell you though. I'm not sure if this is just a fluke with your period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yeah i was thinking about calling the advice nurse but then i have to go through the receptionist and i get embarrassed lol
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I would seriously keep testing. My personal experience is, i was on it for about 9 months after i had my daughter and i found out i was pregnant in March of this year i went for all my check-ups but still had a miscarriage in June. I went back on it figuring it was just a fluke and on september 4th i had another miscarriage, i didn't even know i was pregnant this last time. I will NEVER use the nuvaring again. I don't want to scare you but it has done a lot to me in the last year and to have 2 miscarriages in 3 months, i really don't think it should even be offered as birth control. It is very possible that you could be pregnant and i hope everything turns out ok for you. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• thanks, i called the advice nurse and she said to put another one in but take a blood pregnancy test in a week so thats what i will do, but i will keep your advice in mind jnsdrf :] i really dont think im pregnant because i only had sex one time all month but it could happen i suppose
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009