Another school indoctrination?

Whats up with our damn schools? This stuff needs to stop

http://www.breitbart.tv/change-has-come-new-video-shows-obama-themed-chant-at-nc-school/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• When you don't like the schools start to home school your kids!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Makes you wonder how many instances of this we aren't seeing.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

________
    People shouldn't have to! When did PTA stop INCLUDING the P = Parents? I bet if they were singing hail Bush anthems and someone told you to get over it or home school your kids you would pitch a hissy fit. Which I am sure after I post this you will anyway Anon. I remember when the schools LISTENED to the parents and when the parents CARED! It is coming down to parents thinking school is extended daycare and not wanting to be "inconvenienced" with paying attention to what their children are being taught. And teachers pushing their own political ideology on children whom they have NO right to preach such issues with.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• keep the politics out of schools!!! and obama better keep his name outa my kids mouth!! HE IS NOT A GOD! WE WILL NOT WORSHIP HIM!!!
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 8:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I am not allowed to tell my students who I voted for or what my political beliefs are. How is this possible in parts of the country. Oh, I forgot, I'm republican!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Change has come! Change has come!
    Oh hell no. That was creepy and uncalled for. If they wanna keep the rest of that in about them making a difference then whatever. Education is important. No need for it to be an Obama love fest. If I saw my Kid chanting change has come about Obama, and he learned it in school, our school board would be getting an earful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• What's creepy was the people at the Jesus camp worshiping the cardboard cutout of Bush. Isn't there something in the bible about false idol worshiping?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• What's creepy was the people at the Jesus camp worshiping the cardboard cutout of Bush.
    _______
    They were not worshiping it...they were praying for Bush. The lady said to REMIND him one nation under God! That lady felt Bush was not holding God as the highest. Did you sleep through that video and then just take Olbermenns word for it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

You must not be in California. There the teachers can preach their politics from the classroom. Many do it to most are Democrats so the schools are essentially liberal indoctrination grounds. My son in 1st grade came home and told me I was a bigot because I voted for McCain. My son for 5 hours was asked repeatedly who I voted for. He kept telling his teacher it was none of her business finally he told her. She made him sit at the back of the class and she knew he has vision problems. She was blatantly mean to him and other kids of Conservatives. We pulled him out after she made the kids chant Obama's praises. My son refused and she called him and us morons. She is still teaching she has free speech in the classroom. No wonder Cali schools are the worst
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh, I forgot, I'm republican!

Jesse--I am a democrat and these same rules apply. People don't realize it is against ed code to include political fare in classroom situations. Such discussion is permissible in poli sci classes (rarely offered during the compulsory years) and modern history--but always in context.  In those rare instances when teachers cross that line (and it is rare) individual schools are left to deal with it. Permanent teachers can lose their jobs over things like this (tenure does not protect against ed code violations).  I find it very insulting to be continually accused of indoctrination when I don't have the time teach content standards to mastery.  I guess if teaching the differences between concrete and abstract nouns is indoctrination--I am guilty.  Grammar indoctrination that is!

PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 12:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2009