is this ok when you are a foster parent?

I have been babysitting 8 kids that this husband and wife do foster parenting and the hubby was off to get another child and the wife was at a strip club witch i thought she was at work well the club got busted for drugs and all and she is on it now how could this husband and wife have these child when she got busted and yeah she makes sure everyone know that they get alkot of money off of these kids..?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• maybe im dumb.. but i dont understand the question
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• No I don't think it is. I'd talk to CPS.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It is a sad sad flaw in the system. A lot of people get involved in foster care for the wrong reasons. Usually the State will give foster parents a certain amount of money for the care of the child/children and unfortunately a lot of people get into it just for the money. It's usually a pretty good sign that this is going on when a family has so many foster children at once (though it's not ALWAYS a sign).

These poor children have had enough hardships for a life time, it's sick and so sad that they get further victimized by these people.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I'm not sure where you're from, but in IN foster parents recieve VERY little in compensation and most of the time it's not enough to cover everything a child needs, so with that in mind I just can't imagine foster parents making too much money. However, I agree that there are plenty of BAD foster parents. If you feel the kids aren't really being properly cared for then you have a civic responsibility to let CPS know...at least let someone know.
    tennisgal

Answer by tennisgal at 12:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• We have 4 foster children and we get 4k a month from the state for the kids. They are special needs but therapy and other help they need is covered. We only spend and extra 800 a month due to the kids. I think the amount we get is too high but we were told that is what we are getting we can cash the checks or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Sep. 30, 2009