How to cope with bitting...

My son is becomming a biter. I have tried time out, redirecting, i have even resorted to spanking and i tried bting him back. Nothing works. He just laughts. i am afraid he may get kicked out of faycare. What can i do? I am at my witts end. Please no bashing.

Badk95

Asked by Badk95 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When you find an answer, let me know. My daughter's 30 months and does it when she gets frustrated or when she doesn't get her way. Right now when I catch her I hit the palm of her hand. Ask her "what's the rule about biting?" And then stick her in timeout. After she comes out of timeout, I'll ask her again about the rule. Good luck!! It's been a long process.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Biting back! Hope CPS doesn't find out.

Get the book Without Spanking or Spoiling by Elizabeth Crary.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Biting back worked for me too. I had to do it on 3 separate occasions though. Good Luck!
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• try crying when he bites you. Right now he doesnt understand that biting actually hurts. So when he bites you pretend to cry and make a big deal about how he gave you a big owwie. Its the only thing that stopped my daughter from biting.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009