how do i get my 2 year old daughter to keep her pullups on?

my 2 year old daughter is ALMOST potty trained but she wont keep her pullups on. even if she has clothes on, she takes them off. im out of ideas. any one have any suggestions?

AmandaDawnRenee

Asked by AmandaDawnRenee at 8:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put her in panties. If she's that close to being potty trained, panties might be just what she needs to get over the last little bump.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I was going to say the same thing. My daughter is also almost potty trained and if she is wearing pullups and they get the slightest bit damp she takes them off.. and all of her other clothes haha. But if she is wearing panties she only takes them off when she needs to go or has an accident. And they will be more uncomfortable if they have an accident in panties and will want to get to that potty sooner!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• ive tried that. thank you though. she just wants to be naked. im at a loss. i have no clue
    AmandaDawnRenee

Answer by AmandaDawnRenee at 8:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my daughter pretty much stay naked at home too.. she is forever pulling her clothes off
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My brother gave his girls 15 minutes of "nakie" time every night before bed. That way, they got to enjoy nakedness, and they knew during the day they had to be good and wait for nakie time. Might be worth a shot.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 8:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Stop with the pull ups and just do underwear. You may have some accidents but it sounds like she doesnt like being wet so should catch on quickly. Sounds like a good thing to me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my oldest daughter went through a "naked phase" about that age. I just let her go naked, as long as we were home. My friends nicknamed her nakedbutt though, 'cause whenever anyone would stop by, she, of course, was naked from the waste down. I figured hey, if that's gonna make her happy, then what the heck, it's not hurting anything!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• oh, and btw, it didn't last long. I think most toddlers do that so they have some sort of control or something. The more you fight with them to stay dressed, the more they're gonna want to be naked. Good luck!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 10:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009