Im so upset at my DH NOT FAIR...

Yesterday my DH and I got into it. I usually never buy anything for myself, of course if I have extra cash I will spend it in the LO. Anyways, yesterday I went to the mall, and saw the nicest Coach purse.. So I thought..hmm should I buy it..why not (keep in mind that I rarely buy anything). So I got home and my DH saw the bag, and asks " what is that" I showed him my purse, at first he said oh its nice, and then saw the price...and he flipped. He made me really sad because he spends almost 800 dollars on shoes but yet my purse ($370) was too expensive. I'm a SAMH, but he always says its "our money". He thought it was ridiculous to pay that much for a purse, when not so long ago he bought me a LV purse that was $850. Why would he be so upset when I bought it??..I don't understand.. : (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• maybe because he feels like he just bought you the LV purse he thought you should use it for a while, my dh gets kinda aggrivated when he buys me and purse and a couple weeks later i want another one... and on the price issue...i buy a lot of my purses off ebay and such, you can get them a little cheaper.
    i have the same weakness for coach purses btw... :]
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• The price could be the biggest factor. Perhaps you two need to sit down and talk about each of you taking out money to spend how ever and if he wants 800 dollar shoes, then he saves and uses that money, if you want a 400 dollar purse use that money. Then neither of you will have to feel the other is being unfair. You guys sound like you have plenty of money to blow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• wish i could waste money on a brand name. oh wait. not really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• maybe it's the fact you said he just about you a almos 1000 dollar purse. *shrugs* men are different then us. . .they think one purse should last forever. ..see i ain't that way about purses but i am about SHOES lol
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• OP at 8:33pm

She was just asking a question, no need to be sarcastic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I agree with the person who said he might feel that way because he just bought you a purse. Maybe he's feeling defensive because he thinks you didn't like it.
    Although if I were buying $800 shoes I'd keep my mouth shut. Wow. I don't think all my shoes/boots put together would cost even half that.
    Six_on_my_own

Answer by Six_on_my_own at 8:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• OP here
    He says his shoes last him a while, and that he doesn't buy them all the time..yes I admit I love purses, and he has not set a limit on my spending..so why would he get upset..maybe your right. Maybe he thinks I didn't appreciate the LV. I think I will return the coach purse..I bought it at Macys..I'm sure I can return it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• omg, i can't believe ppl are losing their homes, can't feed their kids, don't have insurance and are sick and u have the balls to whine about something this trivial. u should be ashamed of yourself for flaunting your situation. $800 shoes? $800 purse/$350 purse? That's wasteful, vulgar and shameful of both of u. is he a drug dealer? pimp? this post shows low class
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Poster at 8:53pm

OP here, there was no need for insults. I was simply asking for advise. And NO..he's a hard working Mortgage Lender who works his ass off for his family, and for their needs and wants... ..hope that answers your question
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I have to agree though that hearing about the fact that he just spent hundreds of dollars on you and you just spent hundreds of dollars on you FOR A SINGLE ITEM, makes me jealous. We can barly afford the basics, much less an extra couple of dollars here and there. It does make me want to be sarcastic and mean. I do hope the best for you in your situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2009