Maryland cosmetologist

Is anyone on here a cosmetologist in the state of maryland? I went to school in Ohio and want to get my license here and was wanting some information about it. Thanks!

ashleyuc07

Asked by ashleyuc07 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i have been licensed here in maryland for 16 yrs now. practical exam is nails (last i heard even artificial demo required) perm, double process, relaxer, haircut, pincurl. usually 3 hrs for practical and 2 for written, the test now is alot different then the one i took. there is also a direct number for the board of cosmetology to speak with someone and u should be able to get a maryland handbook which contains all the information on the test plus practice written, if u still have questions call a local school. if you were licensed in ohio and have had (i believe unless it has changed) 2 yrs experience then u may just be able to recipricate to here. i have senior lic so i can go to any state without testing. u must also state the procedures while demonstating them,
    lylyjones

Answer by lylyjones at 12:03 AM on Nov. 9, 2009

• www.dllr.state.md.us/license/occprof/cos.html

this website will tell you lots of info...(i'm in arkansas)..i just googled "maryland state government-cosmetology''.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Thanks.. I looked at that earlier.. I need info on what they do for the practical part of the exam. Like exactly what they test on and I called and they really werent very helpful :(
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009