TMI Sorry but need advice

Ok, I am about 13 weeks pregnant, awful morning sickness, and it is causing serious constipation. like the worst ever, i take stool softeners every night, drink fiber with my water, and eat fiber bars during the day, but it takes about an hour to go, and it is painful, and i bleed. and it is like it is too big to pass or something, and eventually breaks up... tmi i know! but today, i think a hemorroid burst or something, and i am going to make an appointment but is there any thing that anyone else has tried that works, because I am getting so frustrated! sorry for the gross detail but i am desperate

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i eat activia yogurt every other day, sometimes everyday. it really helped me and it's alot better than taking stool softeners. sometimes i add cereal to it, like granola or banana nut crunch, just to get more full from it. i'm about 36 weeks now and i wish i would have tried it sooner.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I don't have any advice but sorry that you are going thru all that!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I used enimas while I was pregnant. It was the only thing that worked for me. It sounds brutal and feels uncomfortable at first, but once you see the results you will use them all the time. You can get them at Walgreens and even use Walgreens brand. I hope this helps
    sommertime15

Answer by sommertime15 at 8:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• you can try heating a glass (like 6-8 oz) of prune juice in the microwave and drinking it, if you can stomach the taste. you will probably go within an hour or two but you have to be near a bathroom to do it. i haven't done it while being preggo (i have the opposite problem) but my grandma and mom do it all the time. the juice is healthy just not that yummy.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 8:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I have the same problem. I drink papaya juice. The enzymes will help your stomach and your entire system. I drink Ceres brand papaya juice bc it's 100% fruit juice. I have a glass every day. Also, you need to drink a ton of water.

Avoid wheat and dairy. Wheat gluten causes constipation in many people. No bread, no pasta, no couscous, etc. You can buy gluten-free versions of this stuff. I have a gluten-free recipe guide daniellecooks.wordpress.com

If you go the enema route, buy a red rubber hot water bottle with enema kit. The pharmacists can help you. It is much cheaper and better than buying the single use enemas at the drug store over and over again. You can fill the fluid pouch with salt water that you mix from your tap.

get a bottle of witch hazel. Squirt it on the toilet paper &wipe with it. It will help cool and heal your bottom. You can also squirt it directly on your bottom. Safe if it gets near your vagina.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Are you drinking enough water?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Addition to my post...About the enema...i have tried them, and yes they work, but it doesn't soften or break it up for me, i just have this huge mass sitting there and it takes forever, and i bleed still when i am finally able to go...usually after 20 to 30 minutes of trying...i buy the fleet enemas at walgreens and walmart...
    december911

Answer by december911 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2009