Could you Alabama mommas tell me your honest opinion of Alabama? If you like or dislike living there and why?

I am thinking of moving my family to Northern Alabama in January. I have lived in South Florida my whole life and never even visited Alabama but I have family there.

Luvof2angels

Asked by Luvof2angels at 8:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Travel

• I live in Northern Alabama....Gadsden to be specific.

And I love it, but then again I was born here and all of my family and friends live here ;)

People are friendly and kind (mostly ;)

A good place that many people go to for a weekend get away is Gatlinburg Tenn. Not too far, but a wonderful place to go!

In Gadsden we have Nocolulla Falls....a fun day get away as well.

If you have kids under the age of 12 or so....Lake Winnepesoka in Tenn. close to Chattanooga is GREAT FUN! Pretty Cheap.

Chattanooga is also fun and lots to do....fairly close!

Sorry, I just gave you places to visit....;) lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Thank you for your reply... Gadsden is where we are moving! I am really excited about it but afraid of getting my hopes up. Your answer makes me feel better and the great advice on places to visit is a great help too! :0)

More mommas opinions are welcome also... keep 'em comin!
    Luvof2angels

Answer by Luvof2angels at 8:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Really Gadsden...hahaha...what are the odds...lol. I think Gadsden is a nice Mid-size town....not a HUGE city like Atlanta. But not a hick town either. We have lots of nice shops and are not too far from the big cities...about 1 hour away from Birmingham. A couple hours away from Atlanta. Hope you enjoy it! And visit the Falls area. Especially if you have kids!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• The Falls is the first thing on our list to visit! I wish we were moving now because I would like to be up there in the fall. So far I am getting mostly good opinions from people that live in Alabama.. thanks again!
    Luvof2angels

Answer by Luvof2angels at 9:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i dont live there anymore, we left in 06 but i absolutely loved it we were in Hatton in NW, AL. low taxes, low cost of living, well built homes and absolutely wonderful food.
    when spring comes it comes with a switch, one day it's cold the next it's hot and stays that way till October. Fall is the best time of year i thought. mid september through the end of Dec the weather is wonderful.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:09 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My husband and I are both from there, but my hubby is in the Air Force and we haven't lived there in over 7 years. Wish we did! We have been trying to get stationed closer to home, especially now that we have a baby on the way. I agree to visit the Falls. Also, Little River Canyon in Cherokee Co. (1 county over). We used to go there in the fall when the leaves were pretty. Also, Desoto State Park is near by. I love it in Etowah county, I guess because it's just home to me. Nothing will ever come close. Nice people, good shopping in Gadsden and close by. Trussville has good shopping at the Summit. It's between Gadsden and Birmingham. Anyways, hope this helps.
    Bamagirl_4

Answer by Bamagirl_4 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 4, 2010