how do you feel? more school for your child

as you all know, or if you dont know, obama is trying to make it so that our children either have longer hours in their school days or just more school days out of the year (shorter summers). much like china.....
how do you, as a parent feel about the government dealing with state issues like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think instead of focusing on quantity he should be focusing of quality and overhaul the system.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:08 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I would agree to a more year round type schooling, but only if they managed to shove in the "summer" time off into other places and broke it up.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I am a teacher....and I just vote to take all the "nothing crap" days out of the school year to make up the difference.

For instance...a day here for pumpkin patch, a day here for magic show, another day here for visiting authors....another day here for grandparents day.....the list goes on and on.

Not saying I dont enjoy these and the kids do get information outta some of these....but they can and should be limited.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• OUR CHILDREN ARE DUMB AND LESS DISCIPLINED COMPARED TO CHINAS CHILDREN.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Children honestly are no longer expected to be children anymore. We want them to join sports the second they enter little league age, we want them taking music lessons, going on play dates, taking karate or gymnastics...the list goes on and on. Why is it that kids aren't allowed to just be kids anymore without more and more being put on their plate by adults?
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 8:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Anon 8:40. THAT has to do a good bit with parents.

American parents are too easy and spoil their children. Seriously a school can NOT BE expected to completely raise your kids.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• maybe your children are dumb, but mine sure arent. i think schools need to crack down on kids a bit, but longer school years and more hours is only going to cause higher dropout rates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We don't even come close to having the best education system in the world. I'm not saying year round school or more days will fix that. I do know we have resources to change it and we don't. What is needed is a complete overhaul of how we education children.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• exactly frogdawq
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 8:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Put dicipline back into schools and quit drugging them with crap like ritalin.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2009