Can you safely lose weight thoughout a pregnancy?

I have spent the last four months adjusting my perspective on food. I am eating when I'm hungy, eating what I want to eat, eating slowly and consiously, and stopping when I'm full--- simple, how I should have been eating for years, and a totally reasonable way to live. I'm thrilled to be pregnant (expecting #3). I'm just concerned if there is an issue with the biological side of losing weight, or if the concern would be calorie restriction. Like I said, I'm not making myself go hungry---ever, or have any foods that I "can't" eat, I'm just paying attention to my body. Oh, and I'm overweight... by about 25lbs according to the scale this morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's not typically advised to lose weight while pregnant. You'll probably lose some anyway just let your doctor know if you are planning to intentionally lose weight.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• it might be a good idea to track what you are eating, write down what you eat in terms of calories and make sure you are getting enough protein and try not to think about the weight and just be healthy :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2009