Do you get annoyed when people ask "are you ok?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's irritating when strangers ask, or when they say "Hey, Smile!" Dang it, if I felt like smiling, I would be. And, why should strangers ask anyway. It's none of their business, and they can't fix it anyway.
    Also, when checkers ask, "How are you today?" What if I'm having a bad day? Am I supposed to tell the grocery checker? Nope.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• only if im not ok, lol
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• No, I get annoyed when they don't~!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• only if it i ssomeone i don't want to talk about it with.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• sometimes. Like if someone asks me if I am ok, and I say yes I'm fine, then that is fine. But if they come and ask again that same day or whatever, then yeah it gets irritating lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• No I don't. I realize they are trying to show that they are concerned.

Answer by Bmat at 8:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I get annoyed if I get hurt, like if I stub my toe or something and they ask me RIGHT when it happens. I feel like "Please just wait one minute and let me collect myself!" but I know it's the pain talking and not my rational self. Actually, I get annoyed with my husband if I say "Ow" and he doesn't ask what happened though...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• no, of course not. it only tells me someone cares how i am. i'd much rather a person inquire, then to ignore obvious signs of distress.
    why..are you ok?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I do if I'm obviously in pain. Like awhile back I jammed my finger, and instantly started crying when it happened and was in very obvious pain. The person I was with immediately asked if I was ok, and which point I though in my head "yeah i'm fine I just like to cry and wince for fun". Like I know its just a human reaction, but clearly I was not ok at that point, so the question wasn't necessary. However if someone just thinks I'm looking sad that day or kind of pale and asks if I'm ok because i'm not obviously hurt then it doesn't bother me.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yes...if im already upset. when ppl ask that it just makes me feel worse b/c it means its obvious that im letting my emotions show. i have issues w/ crying in front of ppl...i was taught it was a sign of weakness (hows that for messed up haha)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009