Is more milk production a sign of pregnancy?

I haven't BF for about 8 months now. There were still little drips coming out, but now my boobs hurt from milk and if I squeeze it out a little it shoots across the room. I was having thoughts that maybe I am pregnant but haven't taken the test yet. Would this milking thing count a a sign?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know. I know for me I was still nursing my daughter when I got pregnant and my supply dropped when I got pregnant and by 5 months it was gone. It came back at 8 months.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It's pretty normal to produce milk even after you haven't nursed for a long time. I actually found that my milk supply dropped off pretty dramatically when I got pg again (I was still nursing number one when I got pg with number two and was still nursing number two when I got pg with number three.) One thing I have heard is that if you continue to lactate for no apparent reason it can be a benign pituitary issue so if you continue massively producing milk I would ask your doctor to check your blood for your prolactin levels. HTH!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009