eggs and infants

My daughter is 8 1/2 months old and im afraid shes not getting enough protein . she has started eating table food and isnt much on baby food anymore. I can still get her to eat a jar a day maybe but i was thinking of giving her scrambled eggs. i know they say waite till a year, but there is absolutely no history of any food allergey in my family or SOs fam. Please give me your thoughts and opinions! thnks

nursinghannah

Asked by nursinghannah at 8:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I waited til my oldest was a year but I've started my 9 month old on scrambled eggs and have been giving her some once a week for about 3 weeks now and no problems. I know they say the white part is the part you need to be concerned about, maybe you could slowly ease her into it by giving her the yolk and slowly adding white pieces in each time you feed her eggs.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I like the idea of the PP, give her the yolk then slowly introduce her to the whites. But yeah i see no problem with giving her the eggs.
    MalachaisMommy

Answer by MalachaisMommy at 10:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I gave DS the yolk around 8 months old..he didn't have any problems so I started him on scrambled eggs at 8.5 months old..it is one of his favorite breakfast foods.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 10:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We started egg around that age too. Other high allergen foods we held off on but eggs we went ahead and tried.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We gave my daughter scrambled eggs at about the same time. I think the biggest thing to do is just watch for any kind of a reaction. It should be perfectly fine
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We have no history of any allergies on either side- but my son is allergic to eggs. (in addition to several others). Just an fyi-

anyway, it's best to just use egg yolk and wait on the egg white until he's older. He should be getting plenty of protein though from nursing or formula, so I wouldn't worry about that.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• sorry "she" not "he". thinking in terms of my own kid!! :-)
    mnt_2_b_mommy

• we did egg yolks around then, but on a side note if your worried about protien, tofu is great to add to almost any dish, especially all the soft baby stuff
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2009