For anyone renting or knowledgeable of renting laws in Northwest Ohio

Does anyone know who is responsible for the water/sewer fees when renting an apartment? I live in Lucas county Ohio and everyone i've talked to was shocked to hear i'm billed a water/sewer fee, trash pick-up fee and service fee on top of my rent each month for my apartment. Most of the people I've talked to keep telling me its illegal to charge those fees unless the property is considered a house or condo, however I can't find a law anywhere that backs that position up. Does anyone who lives around this area know if this notion is true or not, or a website where I could find my answer?

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• http://www.thelpa.com/lpa/landlord-tenant-law/ohio-landlord-tenant-law.html

Go to obligations of a landlord
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 9:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I know in missouri it depends some complexes do cover it while others do not,however they should tell you at the time of contract.
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 9:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• In TX that's included in everyones water bill. City that is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Sep. 30, 2009