How can I adjust the brightness on my laptop?

When my battery is plugged in, it's fine, but when I unplug it, it goes dim- too dim to read! I customized the display settings to not do that, but it does it anyways. Then I tried to press and hold the key and use the up arrow to adjust it that way, but it doesn't work either... any other options?! It drives me CRAZY!!!! What good is a laptop if I can only see the screen when it's plugged in?!?!

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 8:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Entertainment

• That's often a sign of a problem with the battery itself. Does your laptop get hot? The battery may be wearing down due to being overheated. Does the internal fan still work? If not, an external chill pad may help. Targus makes one that's about $25 at WalMart.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• When you unplug the charger, it may be telling your computer to turn off. Check your settings to see what it is set at.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• The power settings may also need to be adjusted.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:45 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• my laptop does that to! what i have to do is hold down the Fn button (it is down on the bottom left by the Ctrl button) and hit the up arrow...I don't know if it will work for yours but i worked for mine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Sep. 30, 2009