does he love me?

hello cafe mom! I just want to ask a question regarding to my husband of 3 years. My husband is away in iraq right now and most of his friends here know hes married with a child. Meanwhile, his new york friends don't know i even exist! when they ask how hes doing he always tell them i'm in the military and i have a baby. He also says that hes doing this for his baby when he tells me hes doing this for the both of us. Now i'm happy he claiming his child by why when he talks to his new york friends am i always left out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I'll tell you what my husband always says: "Go by his actions, not by his words."

Men are bad at talking and they're bad at words. Does he treat you well? Does he treat your son well? That is all that matters. You can ask him why he doesn't tell his NY friends about you, but try not to think of it as an indication of wether or not he loves you.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• he treats me good its just that it bothers me a lot. Just right now hes talking to a friend who is a girl and hes over there saying i still have a crush on you and all this bull. SHe asked him does he have a girl and he was saying your my girl and she asked again and he said yeah i have a girlfriend when i'm his wife!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• how do you know this? do you invade his privacy? most military dudes like the female attention. as long as he takes care of u don't complain
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• wouldn't that be disrespecting their relationship?? idk lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If he's telling people that you're his girlfriend (after much prodding) then I'd say your marriage is on some rough spots right now. A married man telling another woman he's got a crush on her is a huge red flag that something isn't all that great. I HAD a crush on you is bad enough, but it's opening the door for something else.
    It sounds to me like he's not mentioning you because he's not planning on keeping you in the picture. I hate to sound mean, but that's how I'd take it if it were me.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2009