Does preeclampsia have to be tied with high blood pressure?

To be honest, I usually have slightly high blood pressure - not alarming or anything, nurses and doctors have always mentioned it, kind of always in passing kind of thing.
I had it when I was pregnant with my first born - not high, the same as usual.
With this one... I have normal blood pressure.
I also have a a dull ache to excruciating throbbing that stays with me 24/7 at the base of my skull. It never goes away, and sometimes, it creeps forward to envelop my entire skull, the pressure points being the base of my skull, temples, and behind my eyes. It even blurs my vision some times.
Nausea is also sometimes associated with it, very rarely vomiting.

When these symptoms started to occur, I became concerned, and spoke with my OB's on-call nurse. The original nurse wasn't there. She thought it was migrained and made a prescription for me. Now, I'm just not so sure.
I have an appt with my OB this Thursday.

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 9:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• I'll be asking him directly then.
    I'm just very curious.
    The handful of people I've spoken with said that they had high blood pressure, or that "had" to be one of the signs.

I'm 12 and a half weeks pregnant.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• high blood pressure is a hug sign of preclamcia, but it has to be over 140 to begin to be preclamcia, a little bit high wouldn't cause it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009