I want to get my granddaughter into acting, how do I start?

Or modeling, or something. How and/or where do I start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to work with (manage and instruct) child talent and my sister was a child model. Everywhere you go people are going to ask you for money. There are many modeling and acting schools. Some are very good and get you in front of agents. Many are scams. Children under 4 are hard to place. Most agencies won't work with them. The best thing to do is take good pics, write up a talent resume for her (yes a children's talent resume is a real and serious document and 4 year olds have them), and begin contacting agencies in your area. You need to write a good cover letter to send with her pics. She needs to have something to show at her interview. Can she sing or dance or perform a prepared monologue? You can msg me about this. it is serious hard work.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• first make sure her mother is okay with this as well as the granddaughter..im not exactly sure how you do it BUT i'd let the child have a normal life. JMO. have a nice day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2009