birthday party

ok well my 2 year old just started school and her birthday is in October. I am thinking of doing a party for her with her school friends. My youngest is turning 2 and we are doing a small family party on her birthday in October and then a big party on the 31st for both girls with extended family. Is it fair for my oldest to have a seperate party and have her school friends just get presents for her and not my youngest. NEED ADVICE!

Merediths_Mommy

Asked by Merediths_Mommy at 9:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• At 2 I don't think your younger daughter will mind about the party/friends but she may be jealous over the presents. Maybe when the older daughter opens the gifts someone could take the younger to play somewhere away from there? Or get her one or two things of her own to open at the same time?
    o0laurie.love0o

Answer by o0laurie.love0o at 9:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i dont think i can say that is a good idea, not fair, opening a can of worms, do what you want, jmo
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:07 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I agree that the party wouldn't but the problem but the presents. The other way you could Possibly get around that would be if you then provided one or two small gifts for the younger child to open and have while the older one is opening hers. She isn't old enough to understand why her sister would get presents and not her.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 3:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• You can always do a party and not have the kids bring gifts....that way it wouldnt upset Aubrey......Meredith wont even know there arent any presents, shell be too busy playing with the other kiddies!
    Starchsr16

Answer by Starchsr16 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My brother had this concern with one of his sons once. What he did was he asked that kids that were planning to bring gifts instead brought a book to donate to needy children. None of the kids seemed to mind and besides who can complain about extra cake???
    Huntersmom819

Answer by Huntersmom819 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 5, 2009