DH is mad at me oops!

This morning DH calls me and say "we have to get rid of our Beagle (dog) because his barking is not letting my brother sleep" so I told him no, we just got him. He's a rescued dog and a year old.. I also told him "your mom has been bugging me for the past 7 yrs, and I dnt ask you to get rid of her" he was pist beyond belief. I told him I was just joking and that I was sorry. He's still very upset, and is about to show up from work. What more can I say or do to let him know I'm truly sorry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't say anything, why do you have to get rid of your dog just cuz his brother can't get any sleep, but that's just my opinion
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• When he walks in just walk up and give him a big hug, tell him that you are sorry and you were trying to joke to change the subject and now you realize that you were insensitive and harsh and would like to start on a different note tonight. If he says anything more about the conversation, just tell him again that you are sorry and you did not mean to upset or offend him.

BTW...totally sounds like something I would say about my FIL or MIL...LOL
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 9:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Don't bring it up. If he's still mad when he gets home just say "I am so sorry. I spoke without thinking and was really not expecting it to be so offensive. Of course I love your mother, even if we don't always agree - she raised the man of my dreams and I am totally in debt to her for that." After your heart felt apology, drop it. Let him cool off on his own. Excess talking makes men crazy.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You have a very good point really.
    I suppose if you really feel you need to make nice with him, tell him again that it was a joke and you are sorry, you are just attached to the dog and got upset.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• rolling on flooromg that's funny. Tell him to go to the store and see if they have a sense of humor on sale bc he sounds like he has lost his!  Let the dog inside. He won't bark then. (maybe) I'm sure you let MIL indoor or she's bark too!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Blue birds sing in the summer time. Snow falls in the winter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• HAHAHA.
    I think that's hilarious. xD That's something I would say to my DH.
    Just explain to him the best you can. Like.. when I say something offensive about his mom, I just explain, "Look, I love your mom. I really do. She's a very nice woman, has good intentions, but sometimes, they get kind of twisted, because she has a hard time explaining things - so they can come out completely offensive. But two women will always bicker at one point or another, espcially MIL/DIL situations. If that weren't the case, there wouldn't be so many jokes about relationships between MIL/DIL. I'm sorry if I offended you, I really am. (Then maybe add, I can't get rid of the Beagle, it's just in his nature. We just rescued him... and we're going to give him away? It'll give him a complex.)"
    He'll get over it. Big baby. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• OP here

Forgot to mention I dnt really like my MIL, and unfortunately DH and I have had problems because of MIL for the past 7 yrs..ugh!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• LMAO! that is hillarious!!! LMAO!!! What about getting him a drink and then put the kids to bed and seduce him!!! Always works for my dh!!! Takes his mind completely off being mad! ;) It's my distraction technique!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• No, just say you're sorry. that should be good enough. oh yea...and don't get rid of the dog. I'd get rid of the husband first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2009