weird reaction

my DD acts weird sometimes when i try to change her she will like clamps her legs real tight or wiggles when i try to clean her down there, is that common?
p.s- NO i don't suspect any foulplay is going on with her from anyone------

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is she? my dd is 22 mos and just started doing that. Also, I've noticed this reaction in some friends daughters who were between 2 and 3! My dd laughs when I wipe her and tries to shut her legs, then says "cold!". They also laugh because they seem to get really ticklish about this time!!! Or if she doesn't want her diaper changed she does everything she can to fight it... is this what you are talking about???
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• (this is OP)my DD is also 22 months, yes that sounds kinda like what she does thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My daughter does the same thing she is 28 months. We have made a deal that when she tells us to stop we will then she has to tell us we can start again. If she doesn't say we can start again we have to convince her but she usually allows us to start again. We are really working hard on potty training and talk about that when she uses the potty she is in charge of cleaning herself and she likes that. She is getting close to be fully trained - I think the clamping of legs is a sure sign your DD is ready to start training.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yep, very common.
    Emerald_storm01

Answer by Emerald_storm01 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yeah my son did it
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• That is extremely common. You gotta figure, your takin a really really cold wipe and puttin it on her privates, how would you like it lol. Shes just old enough to remember what diaper changing time is and she just isnt a fan. I worked in daycare for almost 4 years, and almost every kid got to that point at some time. so she is completely and totally normal
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009