Is it childish to dress up with my son for Halloween?

So I was thinking of my son and I dressing up as bumble bees for Halloween. He is going to be 11 months. We we either be going to a city festival where they have pumpkin patches, rides, costume prizes etc or to a Halloween house party for babies at a friend's house. Would you find a mom dressed up matching her baby for Halloween childish?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Holidays

• Not at all, I think it's sweet, enjoy them while they are young and have as much fun with them as you can. Who cares what others think...if they want to judge you for dressing up with your son on Halloween and having a good time then they certainly are not the kind of people I would want to associate with anyway. Have fun, it sounds like a blast!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 10:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• no, I think it's cute! I would totally dress up with my kids (and so would my DH), but we don't have the money to buy costumes right now. Have fun!

witch

ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• AWWW!!! how cute!!! I wanted to dress up too, but then i got my costume and was like NOPE! I wanted to dress me and hubby up like an iraqi couple... but the outfit he sent me is completely see through and the longest point barely comes down to my mid thigh!!!

But you're idea sounds SOOO MUCH BETTER! I think it would be adorable!!! I hope you do and have a good halloween with your little boy!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think it is cute. But might I suggest...you being a flower and your little one be the bee.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Heck no, that is one of the perks of having little kids. =)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• no...you have to have fun once in a while...a lot of parents dress up with their kids. My sister dressed up one year as a chicken and her husband was a devil...and my nephew was a egg with little devil horns on..it was too cute.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 10:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I always dress up with my kids.

If someone thinks is childish, they don't have to dress up! And, they don't have to look at you.

Enjoy.
    PrincesaBoricua

Answer by PrincesaBoricua at 11:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You should DEFINITELY dress up! I think it's ages like 0-4 that you make memories for yourself & great pics for you and your child to share later. After 5, Halloween dress-up becomes more about making memories that your child will remember fondly. Being able to laugh at yourself and be child-like is a GREAT skill to pass on to your child. You can buy a lot of toys, but time spent together is priceless.

Sophia
    (a 46 yr-old child who STILL dresses up!)
    vampirediva

Answer by vampirediva at 9:00 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• NO WAY! I think that's a totally adorable idea! My eldest wants to dress up as a Jedi, and I was thinking of doing the same, lol! We LOVE Star Wars.... Halloween isn't just for kids, and I hate that a lot of people think it is! I say go for it! :D
    hisemma

Answer by hisemma at 10:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• no. when i was pregnant with my first i dressed up as a pumpkin and across my belly was another baby pumpkin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 30, 2009