Does anyone know of an obscure travel site with super low air fares from Sacramento to Miami?

I am going on a cruise on Oct. 23-26th departing Miami. I live in Sacramento, I have tried tripadvisor.com, and everytime they have an updated lower fare...by the time I notice...it's gone. I know I have read blurbs, and articles about obscure, dirt cheap travel costs in the past...but now I can't remember any of them. I was hoping for some direction, as I don't want to risk waiting for a last minute deal, because I cant afford the alternative, last minute and sky high! Any advice would be appreciated greatly. Thanks for looking.

Cheapsk8mom

Asked by Cheapsk8mom at 10:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Travel

• Try doing two separate flights, perhaps with different airlines. Try Sac to SFO and then SFO to MIA. Or SAC to Seattle round trip and then Seattle to MIA via Alaska. Or Sac to LAX and then LAX to MIA. Sometimes it's less. Othertimes it's not. I use Kayak or sidestep.com
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• try kayak.com
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Try travelone.com too.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Thank you so much for the responses. Jeanclaudia, thanks...I hadn't thought of breaking up the flight...there are lots of cheap deals out there right now...just not a straight shot...lol
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 3:41 AM on Sep. 30, 2009