dizzy & light-headed?

although i have been breathing better the last few days since baby has dropped, i am experiencing dizziness & light-headedness. it started about an hour ago & has yet to go away. it is a little better when i lay down, but not by much. my BP has been fine for a couple months now (they said i had hypertension mid-pregnancy because of high BP but since then it has become normal again - it is currently 117/80) & my blood sugar seems to be completely normal (though it has been...even though they said i have GD, i don't have spiked blood sugar elevations ever except during that glucose test for some reason). so that leaves me wondering why i would be experiencing both of these symptoms. any suggestions or advice? if it makes a difference, i am 35weeks 3days.

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its very possible that since the baby has dropped it is putting pressure on new blood vessels. Are you experiencing the dizziness when you stand up? That would be a good indication that your blood pressure is actually dropping out a bit and the sudden change is causing the dizzy / light headed feeling. Change positions slowly, dont go from laying to direct standing up, sit up on the side of the bed or couch for a few minutes then stand. Hope that helps, and make sure you are drinking plenty :) Good Luck Momma
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 10:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Are you dehydrated? Getting enough nutrients?

Here are some ideas to help: Pregnancy and Dizziness : American Pregnancy Association

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Both answers are very good. I just saw my doctor today and we talked about this very thing. I have had it with all of my pregnancies and he said to drink lots of water especially right when I get up in the am. And don't stand up quickly. Hang in there you are almost done.

Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I get light headed and dizzy, among other things, when I don't eat enough, especially if I don't eat enough protein. Too many simply carbs (even a package of Twix) make me feel the same way about an hour or so after eating. It's called hypoglycemia and basically, your blood sugar drops too low, too fast in between meals.
    Eating small meals often, always including a healthy protein, avoiding sugars and simple carbs, and staying well hydrated work to keep my body in balance while pregnant.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 12:10 AM on Sep. 30, 2009