Is your faith so weak others are able to shake it?

Really why do you care if a pagan is praying in a way you dont like? Does it bother you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• how someone else prays has no bearing on my faith in God. i will still pray for anyone i feel led to. someone else's beliefs do not 'shake' mine, and if they try to shove something unacceptable (to me) in my face, it only makes my faith stronger.

kind of reminds me of the old batter commercial they showed when i was a little kid..they guy (lee majors, maybe?) asks if anyone is strong enough to knock the battery off of his shoulder (like he's a force to be reckoned with...lol)..he dares them to try.

:))
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• OK angry athiest in the house. WOW

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Doesn't the Bible tell us not to judge others? No matter what they're sin, no matter what they're lifestyle, no matter how they worship, no matter how they pray...I'll try not to judge others.
    aklebeyers

Answer by aklebeyers at 10:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Anon 41:  How do you know the OP is an Atheist?

To answer the question.....no.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• What kind of prayers is the Pagan doing? Why doesn't the Pagan want to pray to God? As Christians we had to humble ourselves. Are Pagans too proud to humble them selves? The bible says this about why people don't come into the light. (See John 3:16.) This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.
    What are things Pagans don't want to give up, and why? I'm not sure I understand the OP's question. How would that shake someone's faith when a Pagan prays?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• First comment, a pagan and an athest are two different things. I don't know a lot about either but I know enough to know that.

Second, it "bothers" me only in that a person without Christ is lost. I care for their eternal soul. Now I know that others do not believe in hell, and that I will probably take flack for this, but that is what I believe as a Christian.

Third, my faith is not shaken by the prayers of others. Or by intelligent dialoge with others. If we seek to understand others and love them as they are, is that not the most Christian thing to do?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I dont really care how a person Prays..All that matters is that they PRAY and follow GOD!
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 11:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• NO, SOMEONE ELSE'S BELIEFS DO NOT AFFECT GODS WORD!!!!! YOU CAN PRAY TO THE SUN GOD MOON GOD WHATEVER BUT IT WILL NEVER CHANGE THERE IS THE ONE TRUE GOD AND IT IS HIS WORD THAT SPEAKS TRUTH!! SHAKEN, NO WAY, THE ONLY REASON I MIGHT SAY SOMETHING WOULD BE BECAUSE I AM TO SHARE THE GOSPEL OUT OF LOVE!
    MARK 12:29
    THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE GOD!
    EXODUS 20:2,3
    I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD
    YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME. 1ST COMMANDMENT
    Exodus 20:4-6
    4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I pray to all those that are lost in their force ideas of right and wrong. The darkness are those that don't follow their heart but follows a book instead. I pray to my Gods that someday they might come back to the ancestors.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

__
    your point?

but actually the word pagan has been and continues to be used in reference to someone who does not believe in the God of Abraham. So it depends on the definition.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009