bad circulation?

sooo i'm 22.. recently had a baby (idk if any of that matters, but im just adding it in case) .. recently when i wake up in the middle of the night to make a bottle my legs feel stiff, like im walking with a limp for a couple mins and then it goes away. It happens even if i'm just sitting on the floor on my laptop. My bf thinks it might be bad circulation.. but i have no idea what that means. Anyone have this happen? I checked webmd's symptom checker but i couldn't find anything..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• Maybe stiff muscles?
    I know I got Charley horses while I was pregnant, then the stiff muscles and the dead legs afterwards.
    My OB told me eat lots of bananas - have potassium in it to help with muscles, and just stretch often. Not even hardcore stretches. Just heel stretches until you feel that burn. And do it whenever you remember. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yes i had and still have it (note i had my baby in April) I am not sure what it is but its weird lol good luck two the both of us
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 10:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• charley horses are the worst.Just press down firmly and it contracts and the pain goes away immediately.At least it does for me.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It has to do with circulation. Do you have spider or vericose veins? That was my problem.I had vericose surgery. It is much better now. But I just realized if you wear thick footless support hose , it can make your cramp up also.GL and I defintely can relate to your problem.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It could be that you might be low in potassium.
    I once had a problem like this and when I would sit down and try and get back up I would have to use my hands to straighten my legs. My chiropractor put me on high dose potassium and magnesium supplements for a few weeks and it went away.
    On occasion it comes back and I do they same thing and it goes away again.
    It might be worth doing some research into.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2009