MIRENA-please answer!!!

Okay so here it goes, kinda long . I just had my iud put in about 5 weeks ago. I took a pregnancy test and the postive line is there but very very fade on all my test. does this mean im pregnant? i have been gaining alot of weight not sure if its just for the iud or what ? not sure if u gain weight with it or not. please answer i need help. i wont be able to call the doctor till in the morning to make sure but im not sure if this means postive or just what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• UHHHHH you need to go to a doctor immediatly! Seriously. Those tests are usually only wrong when they say you aren't pregnant. Go to a doctor now! Those hormones could be really dangerous mixed with a pregnancy.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• but the postive line is very fade is this just the hormones or is it for real???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My positives were always faded, it means there was a trace of the pregnancy hormone in your system. That is the only thing that will make that show. You seriously need to see a doc asap!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• well i didnt take the test till later this night while my boyfriend was at work and my daughter was asleep so i just found this out, im going to call in the morning. i have been eating alot too and gaining weight ALOT im not sure how far along i could be though. how could i maybe tell because my periods are never regular(had a baby 4 months ago)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It could be pregnancy. I had taken tests when I had mine and they all came out negative until I really was pregnant. I do agree to call the dr. When I finally got a positve it was SUPER LIGHT. And I had a baby.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yeah, Depo and Mirena are pretty much the same hormones. See they both make you eat a lot, gain weight, and get really tired too. I got prego on Depo. Mirena is a hormone release IUD not copper so it is possible to be pregnant. I don't care what anyone says, if you get a positive pregnancy test and are on any type of bc you need to see a doctor. Good luck!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• That's why I got my tubes tied !lol
    Steff107

• If there is a line, there is very little chance you are not pregnant. Call the doctor first thing in the morning. Goodluck to you :)
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 10:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• thanks i'll call bright and early in the morning :).my stomach feels like when i was pregnant but since i hadn't been unpreg for awhile i forgot how a stomache feels when u aren't but mine seems to be getting alittle firmer if you know what i mean
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yes i had the mirena and ate alot..so that is normal.but you need to go to the doctor tomorrow for sure. a false positive is very unlikely.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 11:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009