Has anyone had their Gallbladder removed but still have the same problems that you had before the surgery?

After having my 3rd baby in 2007 I had problems with my Gallbladder. Nausea, vomitting, pain in my right side after I would eat. Was told after 1 year that my Gallbladder wasnt functioning and needed to be removed. I had surgery on March 10th 2009 and here I am 6 months later with the same problems. I've gone back to my Dr, Surgeon and other Drs to be told they can not find anything wrong. It is not normal to feel nauseous after every meal and vomit all day long. Ive tried different diets, and still the same problem. I am at my wits end. I am so tired of being sick all day. Has anyone else the same problem or anything similar? Thanks for your time.

Mrs.J0830

Asked by Mrs.J0830 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in About CafeMom

• That doesn't seem normal, that seems extreme. My husband had his out for the same reasons (and intense pain, gall stones) and occasionally still gets the pain. We also went back and the docs had no advice. Keep bothering them to figure out what's wrong. Hopefully they didn't leave anything inside of you (kidding) but have them xray the area maybe.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Thanks, That is what we joked about. We said maybe they left something inside or they took something other than my gallbladder out. LOL. I had no gallstones just wasnt functioning. Thanks for your advice. I will keep bothering them, surely someone would be able to dianose the problem.
    Mrs.J0830

Answer by Mrs.J0830 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yes, I have had this problem, come to find out I have ulceratis colitis.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:51 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I had my gallbladder taken out over 11 years ago and I still have problems. You have to completely modify your diet. No fats, oils or anything like that. Plus I am sure your body is still adjusting. I did hear of one case where a woman had gallstones and had her gallbladder removed but the gallstones somehow got loose in her system during surgery and caused her to become very sick. You probably should get an x ray or an ultrasound if you can.
    Sherrymom32

Answer by Sherrymom32 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 30, 2009