Loosing that infamous "Baby Fat?"

I want/need to loose some major weight! I have always been on the "more to love" side :) and I am ok with that. But now more than ever I relaize that I need to get healthy! I have 2 kids and have geld onto my "baby" fat a little longer than I think is neccessary. So I need help on how to loose it.
I mean HEALTHY, not the ok this time Diet Pepsi instead. I mean seriously, lower cholesterol, body mass, sugar intake all that stuff! I work full time and after I get home from work I usually clean up, make dinner and then get the munchkins ready for bed. I eat late night snacks, i'm a huge fan of Pepsi and popcorn!
I have made the sollom vow to myself and my family that I would make an HONEST effort! I am open to suggestions!
I know diet and exercise are key players, as well as the want and the will power. But what has worked for you?
My question is what have you tried that worked? What do you reccomend? Thanks

Kali_Mommy2_2

Asked by Kali_Mommy2_2 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• Your Dr is the best person to put you on a diet and excercise routine that is healthy, and that will work for you if your truely committed to loosing the weight. Lots of people start off good, but loose intrest or dont have the will power to keep it up. Nothing worth having in this life comes easily. Good luck to you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It is actually healthier to eat small healthy meals like no longer eat eggs for breakfast eat a banana or some healthy kashi cereal. a salad with grilled chicken strips in it. for lunch. and maybe an apple between lunch and dinner and the key is DONT EAT a big dinner. EAT SMALL and add Whole grain in your meals. if you have white bread at home EAT whole grain wheat, rice or whatever. whole grain cereal also. DONT ADD sugars. keep deserts out the house USE FRUIT for all deserts... orange, bananas, plums,apples,pineapples. whatever. And when u get a chance during your time off walk or do 50 situps and pushups each night before bed. you dont have to do ALOT to lose weight it takes time. just do something to SWEAT each day you will lose weight trust me. no more fast food either. ulimante all bad foods in houes next shopping day buy all healthy.
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• WEIGHT WATCHERS
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• oh forgot to say if u drink milk CHANGE it from Vitamin D to 2% or even better 1%... if u have babies keep Vitamin D for baby tho
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Eat more during the day and less in the evening. Get Orville Redenbacher's 100 calorie popcorn, the kettle corn one is pretty good. 1 lb of muscle burns 40 cals at rest & 1lb of fat burns 2-3 cals at rest. You also lose 1 lb of muscle per yr after age 20 so gaining muscle mass will really help a lot. Drink lots of water. With cholesterol the ratio is really more important than the total number. You want to have a high Good Cholesterol #. Trader Joes odorless Omega 3 supplements are great. Avoid egg or at least egg yolks, puff pastries etc. Shrimp contains lots of cholesterol also. A lot of small changes go a long way. My levels were 267 and I lowered them to 197 in 6 weeks.
    I can recommend a great supplement that can help reduce your appetite, increase lean body mass, boost metabolic rate to burn more calories and increase energy levels.
    Let me know if I can be of anymore help.
    Rebecca
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I would try SPARKPEOPLE.COM

It is free, it has tips and suggestions for weight loss, numerous articles, and tons of support groups. You can also outline and track your weight loss goals and look up healthy recipes. The thing I loved the most though was the diet tracker. It has tons of foods and things in a database with all of the nutritional information, so even if you go out to eat, you can enter it into your tracker when you get home and get an idea for your nutrition and caloric intake for the day. It has lots of things to keep you motivated :) Good luck!
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:34 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I would start with simple changes.
    Stop buying junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 AM on Sep. 30, 2009