Getting your tubes tied....

How do they tie your tube if u deliver vaginally and is it scary? What are the complications?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had mine done in January. It wasn't that big of a deal. They use laproscopy and go through your belly button. I have a tiny scar on the inside of my naval. I have to look to find it. I was a little sore after but they gave me some good stuff if you know what I mean. Recovery was just as fast as delivery and I feel great. If you ever have any other tubal questions pm me anytime! PS_the procedure only took 30 minutes. If you are nervous tell them to sedate you.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I know that they only leave a teeny little scar now. I'm not sure how deeply you've looked into this, but at the hospital where I deliver they will NOT do it if youre under 35 unless you have like 5 kids.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I had my tubes tied in June. My doctor wanted me to wait atleast 6 months after I had my DD. I waited 14 months. It doesn't hurt it's just basically taking it easy for a few days and getting lots of rest. The cuts are very small and they just have to be taken care of and cleaned well. If you would like to ask more questions pls feel free to e-mail me.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• it is common to tie tubes at delivery but my group of docs didn't do it. In their practice they tied a womans tubes, and unfortunately the baby died recently after the birth. They do not tie tubes in the delivary room. I gave birth to a child with severe heart defects. He went into heart failure at 3 weeks and had open heart surgery at 31/2 months. His heart is fine and he is 5 now. Most all babies are healthy when born. it is a big decision to make before delivery. Congrats on the baby
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I had csection so while I was opened they did it while in there. I personally regret it every day of my life. I would like to have one more but can't. It's not scary it's pretty easy recovery. How many children do you have?
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Research it well before having it done. I didn't get the chance to research and talk to the dr and be prepaired for the long term effects of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• this ones for fireangelo310 you can get your tubes reversed to have babys again see yr gp
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 5:47 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Iam getting "fixed" after i have my baby and my Dr is removing the whole tube from both sides. He sat down with me and explained all the differnt procedures. the easiest and fastest recovery ones are the clamps, and the band. They also cut and tie your tubes. they can also cut your tubes then burn all the edges shut. and then theirs the tube removal which i opted for. all of these should be considered permanet because only a few women have successfull reversals and theirs always vasectomies for the man
    witchymoma

Answer by witchymoma at 3:56 PM on Sep. 30, 2009