Stinky Feet

Lol any advice on this? My sons feet.. OH BOY OH BOY! I swear he could kill a cat with the smell alone. I thought maybe he had Athletes feet but he said they do not bother him and I do not see any redness or skin peeling. I washed and bleeched his shoes. They smelled good after. But his feet...... So now I make him wash his feet every time he takes his shoes off and always spraying his shoes with disinfectant.

Bingmom

Asked by Bingmom at 11:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• My DH has this problem... lol. It's enough where, I can tell when he's home, and the EXACT moment he's taken his shoes off. They just drift and "percolate" is what my DH is fond of saying... lol.

DH uses those detox patches before sleep, and takes them off every morning. I also get those super absorbent cotton socks for him - I think Dickey's makes really good ones. And I sprinkle the Gold Bond foot powder in his shoes, and just toss them in the wash every weekend. It's helped with the smell a LOT. :]

I would also see a podiatrist too, just make sure that he doesn't have a foot fungus that's been "hiding" and his foot glands are able to "sweat" freely. :]

Good luck!!
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Ya same with my son. His socks get put in a plastic bag till laundry day it is that bad. I will have to try what you said.
    Bingmom

Answer by Bingmom at 12:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• The odor is from bacteria that love dark, damp places. Sprinkle a bit of baking soda in his shoes before he puts them on.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 AM on Sep. 30, 2009