scary. try it.

Google your cafemom scren name as it is. Scary. Quite a few of my posts poped up, and things I've replyed to. I wasn't signed in cafemom and I could read the stuff. Deffinitly just made my profile private lol. Try it and tell me what happens.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in About CafeMom

• wow it really does pop up. how do u make ur profile private?
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my page is always private, and mine showed up too. im going to try and change it... uggh i dont like that at all.
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 11:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Of course your posts pop up, they were made in groups, and the groups are public. It shouldn't be "scary" unless you are posting Private information in Public Groups.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 1:59 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I had a ton of private stuff pop up from other sites i've asked questions to and whatnot. i'm not too worried only because i never post anything bad but that is a little unnerving. Thanks for pointing it out!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:19 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If you know how to search more in depth than just google, you can find a whole lot more!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• yep This is the internet and nothing you post is private. You can change the privacy settings on your profile but make sure to check because there are settings on each widget as well as whole profile settings and also journals and photos have individual settings as well. be sure you check to see what privacy settings groups have. most are set to cafemom members or group members only. If you can read posts before you join then others can also. Also at the top of every journal it says who can see it. If you comment on a journal everyone can see then it's out there to be googled. Also answers and the daily buzz are public sections of this site. They are here specifically to bring in new members and are advertised on other sites as well. So everything you post is available to be searched. for more info on being safe on CM go here http://www.cafemom.com/about/privacy_tips.php
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2009