Who hires pregnant women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you are capable of doing the job that you are appying for and there reason for not hiring is because your preggo then that is illegal. We just hired a women that is preggo at my work and I just trained her tonight. The state live in is illegal if you don't get the job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• nobody darling. If your not too big i would try to hide it. I know thats not right either but desperate times comes to desperate measures
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Anyone should, really.
    I understand how an employer possibly couldn't afford an employee to be out for any amount of time, but i think its discrimination to NOT hire a woman just because she's pregnant. i dont see the problem especially if the woman is completely upfront about it..
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• TARGET!
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• &no, dont try to hide it.
    because then you could be fired for hiding the truth..theres nothing wrong with being pregnant..uh youre contributing to LIFE.
    besides, many work places have employees that are dishonest and you dont want to be rolled into that group for being pregnant.
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I would try any store that sells baby things. Who does not like walking in those stores and seeing some pregnant lady behind the counter? It makes you an instant conversation.
    Bingmom

Answer by Bingmom at 11:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• They cant fire you if you dont tell them that you are pregnant. An employer even asking you if you are pregnant is considered discrimination. You do not have to tell them anything.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yeah thats true they couldnt fire you.
    idk what i was thinkin saying that. i was jus thinking of a situation i was in, where i didnt want to tell anyone(they were extremely judgemental/2facd), but i never wanted to be "caught" in a lie.. esp about my baby.
    but im sure there are a lot of places, hopefully some where u dont have to be on ur feet all day! lol!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I went to get my assignment and I told my employer who turned around and told me that I didn't have to tell him yet (I was still temp.) and told me that he was going to pretned that I didn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my first I was hired at Sonny's bbq in FL as a part-time worker; after I told them I was 6 months pregnant(I was tiny, they couldn't tell) I was fired  2 months later, I am a good employee always on time, never missed a day, even called when my tire was flat and asked for a ride from someone so I could come in, there is a law in FL that "supposedly" protects employers where they don't have to tell you exactly why they are letting you go and that was what they pulled on me, 2 days before I was up for a $1 raise and 8 months pregnant... It is hard to find someone to hire you b/c you are technically a liability. Good luck though, I would let them know after they hire you that you are pregnant, you are not legally responsible to tell them until you are ready.

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 1:25 AM on Sep. 30, 2009