I'm hurting really bad

I am 22 weeks pregnant and I went downstairs to pee. After I stood up and started to walk I couldn't stand up straight my lower stomach hurt so bad. I actually had to stop a minute to prepare myself for the pain. I had to go upstairs and I know this sounds weird but when I took a step with my left foot the pain increased. I have had a baby before so I know what labor pains feel like and this isn't the same, but I don't know what it is. I'm okay sitting down but if I reach over for something the pain increases, again more on the left side. It isn't shooting pain it's just sharp constant pain. Anyone know what this is or why. Again I did just pee so I thought that had something to do with it. I didn't strain to pee at all I had to go, but as soon as I stood up after 2-3 steps I doubled over. I will add that my stomach did feel tighter a couple of times but I still don't think it's labor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Drink some water - Dehydration can cause you to feel contractions that look just like true labor, but are not productive.

Eat something - Some women find that hunger brings on Braxton-Hicks (pre-labor) contractions. Eating seems to stop these contractions.

Change your Activity - With pre-labor, changing activity (like resting if you have been walking around or going for a walk if you have been resting) can cause the contractions to stop.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:13 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• OP here- Oh and I just had a doc appt yesterday morn and everything was fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Could you have possibly strained a muscle? You can do it without any force and usually without even really noticing it. That would be the only thing I can think of. Other then that maybe possibly braxton hicks contractions, but that doesnt seem to match. I would say most likely you somehow strained a muscle
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It might be Braxton Hicks and/or ligament stretching.
    Those were almost one-sided for me, the ligament stretching, and it caused my stomach to get tight - more so on the side that hurt.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i WOULD SAY OVERUSED MUSCLE OR STRETCHING MUSCLES THAT CAN'T REPEATEDLY BEAR MORE.
    yOU NEED TO STAY OFF YOUR FEET : ) TREAT YOURSELF TO NOT DOING ANYTHING AT ALL, CAN SOMEONE DO YOUR FOOD PREP, AND IF AN AIDE COULD COME , DO YOU HAVE INSURANCE (ARE YOU HIGH RISK??) GET DIAGNOSED........PERHAPS AN AIDE COULD BE COVERED UNDER SOME CLAUSE IF "GOOD CAUSE", AND HIGH RISK.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• OP-Thanks guys; i'll look that up right now...
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Your body is streching ever which way so if it's still there in the am then call your doctor and see what they have to say. It's your child and yourself we are talking about so if your not sure then call the doctor but I would relax for the rest of night and if it's doubleing you over in the AM the call that doctor of yours up.....
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Could be something to do with your kidney on your left side. How long has it been going on? Does the pain increase or decrease when you pee?
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I had that kind of pain with my first and the doctor said it was the ligament stretching. Getting into a pool or bathtub helped greatly. It takes some of the strain off. The horrible pain went away after a day or so. I hope yours gets better soon.
    Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i had some wierd pains but went through labor at the right time and had a perfectly fine baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Sep. 30, 2009