Should moles itch?

I have several small dark brown moles (like freckles but darker) & recently 1 on my shoulder started itching. Should I see a doctor about this or is it kind of common? I can't remember it ever itching before but I have a bad memory & since I had my 3rd baby I've been kind of spacey as well as busy so not thinking of it too much.

oahoah

Asked by oahoah at 11:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• no it is not supposed to itch. make a doctors appointment and have it removed. removal is painless, and it doesn't cost alot of money. I have had moles that itched, changed shape, changed color, or were on the bra line and didn't want irritated. You get a shot to deaden the skin. they are removed, and you get a band-aide. Quick painless, and inexpensive. A mole that itches even though it's a part of you - it's time to say bye bye. Don't worry, follow through and make the appointment.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:01 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I don't think they are meant to itch and a dermatologist can take a look at it and decide if it should be removed. The process it pretty painless if it does need to be removed.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I would at least have it checked out. Itching can be a symptom of abnormality. My mom had melanoma when she was in her 20's, so I have been taught to be paranoid about moles.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 12:29 AM on Sep. 30, 2009