Bi-racial...........marriages, relationships

I want to know EVERYONES input on biracial marriages. My husband is cape verdian and i am caucasion. im just wondering what everyone thinks of it. bc older people assume to not like it, its prob the way they were brought up.. but i dont see anything wrong with it, we are both well educated people

SweetiePieAfWf

Asked by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't have any problem with it.
    I don't look at a person's race... if they're compatible, happy with each other, treat each other right, etc, etc... what else matters?

My parents taught me that it's not the color of a person's skin that should be judged, but their personality and the way they treat other people, including themselves.
    My DH's family doesn't have a problem with it either.

I am Asian, my DH is white.
    We have a bi-racial DS, and another little one on the way (gender unknown.)
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• awww congratulations! thats so sweet. thanks
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Doesn't bother me either. I'm not in a biracial relationship but it doesn't bother me.. GOOD LUCK
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 11:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• GOD made all people.. its NOT the color of ones skin that matters but the contents of their heart. Don't worry what others think. As long as you two love each other thats all that matters. There will always be some ignorant person who says it taboo for races to mix ,but I say it shouldn't matter.
    Hold up your head high and GOD bless.
    I have a biracial child half Arabic half white ( i'm from all over Europe) she is beautiful, & smart
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Love is Love... When you find it you have to hold on to it. Its to precious to let other people change your mind.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:01 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• It doesn't matter what race you are if you love each other that is all that matters.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:16 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Since I married a biracial man, obviously I'm ok with it. :) My family has always been multi-racial. Most people in my family married a different race, as did most people in DH's family. DH is big and brown. I am small and white. We get strange stares sometimes, but I truly don't care.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:58 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I'm the pasty looking one in my family. LOL! Having been military and raised all over, we children were taught that the color of someone's skin was not important. Boy did that change when my sister and I became serious with guys that were not white! I was disowned and haven't spoken to my biological father or his side of the family for a ridiculous amount of time. I obviously don't think it matters what someone looks like on the outside, but, unfortunately, the rest of the world isn't all so enlightened. ;) There all small-minded people everywhere who will criticize you for any number of reasons. If it's not the color of your skin or that of your husband, it will be for the way you talk or the car you drive or the fit of your jeans. But, like you said, I think the younger generations are more accepting of bi-racial relationships because it is much more prevalent now. Also, bi-racial babies are beautiful! :)
    Happywith2girls

Answer by Happywith2girls at 3:25 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i think what matters the most is that u 2 love one anther the color of your skin should not matter i am an African american female who was raised in a white family and my boyfriend is white and i think it rocks!!!!!!! and our kids are going to get the best of both worlds
    Anonymous