Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can I do? need ex-husband

my ex-husband & I have not been together since I got pregnant with our 11yr old. Divorced since 2000. And I still find myself having to drag him to court over every little thing. We have joint custody with him as the primary care giver yet he don't let me talk to her on the phone, keeps doctor info from me, call dcfs on me without cause, talks badly about me in front of her,& he is unwilling to compromise on anything.. a few yr ago he wouldn't allow her to go to a family funeral and he has fought me on Christmas (he is muslim) he once told me we would be in & out of court until shes 18. i'm tried of fighting & just want to get along for my kid. I need real help here No Need to bash my ex just advise Please.


Asked by maiahlynn at 11:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

Level 13 (1,143 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • There are only three ways to get to a man and they are all in his pants. I suppose feeding him to get what you want won't work. I'm also going to guess that you want nothing to do with his weewee. That just leaves his billfold. Get domiciliary custody of your daughter so you can rebuild your relationship with her and then take him for every ounce of child support you can get.

    Answer by always_chris at 11:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

  • Take him to court and have it revised. Get yourself as domicile because of all the things he's done against the custody order.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

  • I agree with the above comments, court is the only way to go.

    Answer by older at 7:14 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • Go with above. It seems to be the only way. I really hope for your daughters sake you get this stratened out soon.

    Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:26 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • I would suggest that you find a support group that deals with these types of religious issues. There should be others who have dealt with these types of religious dogma. The courts are the only way to deal with this. Document everything!!!! Find the absolute BEST attorney. Try to get the primary care-giver reversed . Your daughter's well-being is everything. And if neccessary get the court to place a restraining order limiting his actions( this would be something the attorney needs to deal with). Don't give him any reasons to argue against this action. Fight, Fight, Fight! Good Luck

    Answer by Anne518 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

  • i cannot afford a lawyer i wish i could. this has nothing to do with religion, i only mentioned his religion because he doesn't celebrate christmas yet he fought me on it.

    Answer by maiahlynn at 10:48 PM on Sep. 30, 2009