when to switch to crib?

Whats a good time to start having baby sleep in crib?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what is the baby in right now
    if a basanet when the baby is rolling over or geting on hads a kneesits not safe if baby moves in it too much
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• well that depends on where they are sleeping now. Are they in bed with you? Are they in a bassinet? If they are in a bassinet its safe to wait till they no longer fit in it or untill they can roll over which ever comes first. If they sleep with you then thats kind of your choice as to when you switch them to the crib but beware if they are sleeping with you the transition gets harder the older they are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• she sleeps with us and is 2 months last week. she rolls up on her side as of right now.
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• im trying to get my baby out of the bed right now and he is almost 4 months. it seems to work fine sometimes then sometimes he wants to be stubborn and wait until hes extremely ried to finally sleep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i would put him in his crib soon. As a child gets older they start to form habbits and sleeping with you is not a good one or an easy one to break. My son has always been in his crib. I had him in my room for only 1 night after we got home from the hospital. And now he is 4 months and he will not go to sleep unless he is in his crib. He wont even fall asleep when we are holding him unless we are not home and he cant stay awake anymore.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:53 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I put our daughter in her crib as soon as she came home from the hospital. I had considered getting a bassinet, but I didn't want to shell out the money for one that she would only use for a few months. The first couple of weeks were a little rough. She seemed to like to sleep in my arms at night but would do fine in the crib during the day. But now she does fine in the crib at night. She is 6 weeks old. The crib is also in our bedroom and I plan to move it into the nursery when she is around 6 months old.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 30, 2009