Problems with gas ?

Any suggestions my 2month old suffers bad and it hurts me so bad to see her in pain. My pedi is thinking of having me switch of breastmilk to try pre digested formula for a week, but i'm worried she won't go back on the breast.

cantwait071909

Asked by cantwait071909 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• there is a over the counter thing called gas relief or gas be gone i think its in a dropper at wall mart or where ever look for it it may help
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• there is no reason to try formula if you are breastfeeding thats just silly. watch what you are eating try eliminating dairy for two weeks and see if that makes a difference, also try to avoid foods that are natuarally gassy such as broccalie, garlic, beans those type of things. Dont stop breastfeeding for that reason alone.
    Also i found this great stuff called Colic calm its kind of like gripe water but all natural you can only order it online but it works wounders for everything from gas to teething. It really helped our little guy when he was gassy now that hes teething its great again. the website is
    Coliccalm.com kind of spendy but worth the money. read the reviews.
    RykersMom04

Answer by RykersMom04 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I would try the gas drops (you can usually find them in the baby section or medicine section of alot of stores) before you switch off BFing.
    MalachaisMommy

Answer by MalachaisMommy at 12:17 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I used gas drops with my son. I had to give them to him every other time he got a bottle because if i waited then he gas would get so bad that he would be in pain. But if you are BF then you just need to watch what you eat. And try these things before you try formula. With bottle feeding your more likley for them to get gas because they can suck in more air that way rather then when you BF. But if you try a bottle and you cant get her to latch again then there is something that you put over your breast that feels more like a bottle and this way you wont have to pump. My friend did this when she couldnt get her son to latch on. Good luck and i hope this helps.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:50 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Try mylicon drops. They were life savers when my DS was a little younger. He would have horrible gas, I would give him the drops and in 5-10 minutes he would be fine. Good Luck, I know it is really hard to see our LOs in pain.

BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 30, 2009