General Pagan Blessing

When you say you are going to send blessings...

What do you do?

I'm very new to the world of Paganism but I am in desperate need of this know how. My ex just killed my husbands friend... Both families are in mourning and it's all very emotional for us...

I light a candle and ask the gods to bless them, but I feel as if I'm missing something here... Should I be saying something specific... doing a small ritual... what?? I can't find any information on this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is really no set standards. I know at Pagan funeral rites that I have attended, the alter has white candles and flowers and pictures of the departed. We called the corners using their deity they used while on this earth. We each said something of rememberance of our friend and at the end we each planted a seed in at their family's home. It can be anything really as long as you are remembering them. I am sorry for your loss, I hope this helps some.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:29 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• * I meant plant seeds to give to the family to take home. We that called the corners put them in a nice small planter to give to the family.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:30 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Generally, I try to make each prayer more "issue specific" so to speak. Like if I am askign for financial support for someone I'll ask for that, or if I am asking for strength (which is something I think both families will need in this situation) I'll ask for that. So, for this situation, the prayer may go something like this:
    "Mother and Father God (you can substitute your diety's name here) please bless this family in their time of loss, greif and mourning. Allow them to move forward from this tragedy with the strength of your love supporting them. Let them know that they are not alone and they are loved. May they feel your peace throughout this terrible time."
    If you like it, feel free to use it. As you can see, I have no specific prayer I say everytime I pray.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 30, 2009