Need hair help!!!!!! Please oh please:(

K, I know I shouldn't have but did. Dyed hair DARK over bleached blonde. Have been going to a salon for years getting blonde highlights, dyed it dark, is faded, different colors, and a tad damaged now. Not a hair pro obviously. Really want to go back to blonde, even if it's just to put some blonde streaks around my face. Cannot afford salon. Need advice please!

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 30, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• well from the last time u died you hair u need to wait at least 2 weeks after each die.....u will want to start slowly probably use a light blond (not) bleach wait 2 weeks and then use lighter if u use bleach right away on dark ur hair will look green or pee yellow or u can ruin ur hair!!1
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:15 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Okay, professional honesty here! You are not going to be able to go back blonde. Your hair was obviously too damaged to be lightening, which will cause more damage. The reason your hair did not take properly to the color is because it was not re-pigmented before coloring. When we are that light the artificial pigment has nothing to grab on to. Unfortunately you will not be able to go lighter or your hair will break not to mention it won't be blonde because of the color you added, it'll probably grab orange. So don't! Go to beauty supply store and purchase a filler to even out the porosity of your hair, then purchase a safe Demi Permanent color(not to be confused with semi) and color over it after filling it. This lasts just as long as permanent hair color without all the damage. If you have any questions pm me! Good luck!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:18 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• PS, I am a stylist and I specialize in corrective color!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Yeah-- I've been down this road. You'll end up orange. Don't bleach. Very very sad orange.

Steff has very good advice. Sally beauty supply usually has this kind of stuff.

I sometimes go to the salon school in my area. Students work on your hair with a teacher supervising. You can get cut and color for like $30. MUCH cheaper.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I would suggest going to a local beauty college and having them fix it for you. You can usually get your hair done for around $10-$25 there. I think its probably too damaged to do at home at this point. Good luck to you!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2009